The Tentive method is a non-medicinal ADHD treatment with no side effects, that combines up-to-date, research backed cognitive and behavioral training tools, that include:
- Neurocognitive training for the purpose of strengthening the brain’s attention functions, and connecting that improvement to day-to-day improvement in quality-of-life.
- The development of awareness to one’s attention capabilities during daily activities
- Development of tailor-made strategies for the creation of effective daily conduct patterns according to the client’s needs, and assistance in implementation of said strategies.
- The creation of a supportive environment.
- All treatment sessions, whether online or offline, are under the guidance of a designated 1-on-1 trainer, that is available for support and inquiries from the client throughout the week in-between sessions as well, as to support the client’s growth.
- The treatment can be undertaken at the client’s home through the internet, saving commuting time for the client.
- Treatment from home also allows for a greater flexibility regarding time and frequency to fit the clients’ needs, as opposed to a relatively inflexible clinic time schedule.
- Clients who require the more specialized client environment for the treatment is welcome to physically come to our clinic for treatment as well.
- The Tentive method is completely research-backed and based on up-to-date research from the field of Neurocognitive Science.
- The Tentive method has been refined and proven for over 12 years, with an extensive experience of treating hundreds of satisfied clients.
- A gradual improvement of the sustained, selective and executive attention functions.
- An intimate awareness of personal attention performance, development of the ability to identify lapses in attention – “disconnections”, the reduction of their occurrences, and the ability to refocus oneself after they occur.
- Creation of a deep of understanding in regards to how to effectively utilize one’s attention in day-to-day activities.
- The strengthening of higher-order attention relying functions such as a reading, conversational skills, listening in class, organization skills, interest, motivation and perseverance.
- Identification of problematic behavioral patterns and habits that stem from attention related difficulties, and their gradual replacement with proper habits and behavioral patterns that fit and support one’s life goals.
- The creation of a supporting environment to encourage positive change.
Children (ages 7 and above), adolescents and adults who are unsatisfied with their current attention functions and performance, and are willing to put effort to improve.
Two meetings a week are scheduled with the trainer – either virtually (through the internet at home), or physically (at the clinic, face-to-face). During the meeting, special cognitive exercises are done for attention improvement, and for the creation of awareness and control over attention processes. In-between meetings, what was learned and trained during the meetings is implemented during day-to-day activities and challenges in order to achieve personal goals and realize long-lasting change.
Online treatment sessions at home are done at the client’s actual living environment, there’s a higher degree of flexibility in making appointments. Apart from these, commuting time and expenses are saved, especially making it easier for parents who need to free up time to escort their children to a physical clinic.
Sessions at the clinic allow the client a break from day-to-day environment, what might help some patients that require a more specialized environment to focus their attention. These usually fit younger children, or those who find it particularly hard to focus at an online meeting in their home environment.
Another possibility is to start treatment sessions at the clinic, and gradually shift to online treatment at home.
The attention-improving exercises are challenging and truly develop attention capabilities once the trainee “clicks” with the treatment and does them earnestly. There are those who immediately “click” with them, there are these who require 4-5 sessions, and there’s a small minority that never manages to “click” with the treatment, for differing reasons. If the trainer notices that despite repeated efforts, the trainee does not manage to “click” properly and improve, he will notify and bring it to the client’s attention, and in more extreme cases will even suggest to terminate the treatment. Looking at the matter from over 12 years of experience treating clients, a client that managed to properly “click” with the treatment, will benefit from it to a meaningful extent, and in many cases will gain dramatic results and noticeable improvement in quality of life.
The rate of improvement is highly individual, however after 5-6 sessions we usually tend to start seeing improvement in performance and daily activities.
We recommend to have the treatment continue as long as improvement is observable. For some, improvement is limited to around 20 sessions, while for others improvement is still felt up to 40 sessions. After the brunt of improvement has been achieved, it is recommended to start taking longer time gaps between sessions as to solidify a consistent high level of attention functionality.
According to many years of experience, and observing patients several years after their treatment was undertaken, especially in cases where parents bring their younger children after having their older children complete the treatment several years prior, we could tell that the effects of the treatment and the improvement gained was still present, and even improved upon, years down the line.
Virtual online treatment at home – 1,200NIS for 4 sessions
Treatment at the clinic – 1,000NIS for 4 sessions
Improving attention can be the key to getting into a desired school or university, improving one’s ability to integrate socially, getting a desired job promotion, and to lower low-attention associated risks – such as unnecessary accidents, failing in school or getting fired from a job, being drawn to dangerous habits and behaviors, getting into unnecessary conflicts and even a shortened lifespan.
- If you’re certain you require help, you’re welcome to directly contact us to begin.
- If you’re uncertain, it is recommended to first start with a 4-session program for a thorough understanding of one’s attention capabilities, and to understand how to use one’s attention in a more conscious and efficient manner.
- We also offer a complete attention assessment that includes an interview, a diagnosis meeting at the clinic, a detailed report and another meeting to summarize the conclusions, all for the price of 1,100NIS.